It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…

Southern Accents

If you’re like us, you’ve thrown out the last of the turkey, ditched the fall colors, and it’s time to move on. Although we can’t believe it, it’s that time again already: time for Christmas decorations! It seems like some people love this yearly tradition of hauling the holiday paraphernalia out of the attic and filling the house with that fresh pine smell — and some people dread it for eleven months. We’re the former, but, no matter which side of the fence you’re on, we hope these pictures provide you with a little holiday inspiration. And, after it’s all said and done, there’s nothing better than snuggling up by newly decorated mantle (complete with fire) with a steaming cup of cocoa and admiring your handy work. Happy Monday, and, I guess since the radio stations are pumping the Christmas music already, it’s safe to say it: Happy Holidays!

Southern Accents Tria Giovan Photography

Southern Living Laurey W. Glenn Photography

Home and Design
Jozef Cross Floral Designer via Traditional Home

Elizabeth Oliver via Traditional Home

Richard Bradsahw and Matt Overstreet Designer via Traditional Home

Southern Accents

Traditional Home

Comments

I just did a post today on Christmas trees, and I SOOOO enjoyed your posted on holiday fireplaces! It definitely put me into the spirit… Watch out, family, I’m ready to decorate now! Let’s deck the halls!

LOVE these images – definitely getting me in the mood! Reminds me of how much I miss Southern Accents – they always had the best Christmas issues, as you’ve now reinforced!

These photos are inspiring. I needed that! I love that none of them are shy about really loading on the greenery and glitz. Forget simplicity and skimpy-ness. It’s the season of excess.

Thanks for stopping my my site and commenting.

I have to say I am INSPIRED! I went out today and purchased my ribbon and accoutraments to make my mantle and door and tree all that it can be…my mind is swirling with sugar plums:) Happy Holidays to you too!

Love all the mantle inspiration! I have one mantle done and one to go. And, I’m one of the “formers” too! I look forward to it every year – and honestly feel like I was just taking it down.

Happy Holidays!!

Wonderful inspirational photos. I love the warm feeling of the paneled rooms. So cozy. Thanks so much for commenting and following on my blog.

Inspiring images! I’m ready to for the hot coco and the roaring fire…my mantle doesn’t quite look like that, but hopefully by Sunday it will be a little more decked out! So fun to see your comments on my blog today. Thanks for stopping by!

Somehow it does not feel the same when the temperature hovers around 104 degrees!
    But each year the tree goes up, the pretties come out and on the twelfth day of Christmas it all comes down and goes away until the following year…..I am sure it was only last week I put it all away…Oh well…!

The last one is my very favorite! I love it so much. I cannot wait for Christmas and everything that comes with it–the decorations, and especially the songs!!!

Best wishes,

~Zabrinah

Oh, this got me really inspired!

Lovely, lovely post! Thanks for doing it.

Oh, I just want to let you know that I am posting today about a very famous brazilian interior designer. You gotta to know him. :-)

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Very inspiring !! I see I need a MUCH bigger house with lots of mantels hahaha , because I can’t choose which one I like best- I like ALL of them… mm maybe have to look at Santa very nicely this year