O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree…

Absolutely Beautiful Things

It’s now December 1, which means no more excuses. I MUST put up my Christmas tree today. Mom has ten billion beautiful ornaments (and some lovely works of art by yours truly) that she and Dad have collected over the years, so decorating her tree is always a little more exciting. Every ornament has a sentimental story, a special meaning and a place in our hearts. Will and I got married on December 29, 2007, so I think we might actually own a small portion of the Christopher Radko corporation. (By the way, that’s such a great wedding gift!) That being said, this is only our second Christmas tree together, so we’re still definitely at that stage where going out and buying fifty ornaments at a time is necessary. At this point, our tree can be anything we want it to be, so we just have to decide what that is. I’m hoping to get a little inspiration from these pics… Hope you do too!

(This first tree is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen but probably won’t go well with our living room decor!)

Southern Living

So fun!

Coastal Living
Traditioanl Home

Traditional Home

Coastal Living
Janis Nicolay Photographer via Country Living

This duo-chromatic color scheme is so elegant.

House Beautiful

I love this little kitchen tree. I might have to do that myself this year…

Traditional Home

Small trees can be so festive in spaces where a full-size won’t fit. Will wants to get a small tree like this at our house this year since, “We won’t even be here for Christmas.” Somehow, though, I don’t think he’ll be the least bit surprised when the nine-foot tree I have selected arrives this evening.

Traditional Home
Suzanne Kasler Design

Last year we had planned to go with this look with only silver and gold ornaments. But then we didn’t want to leave out all the beautiful colorful ones we already had, and I found these fabulous colorful birds and peacocks that you actually clip to the branches.

Traditional Home

This is what Mom’s tree usually looks like — except she has a big topper. She’s the only person in the country who has the patience to layer the lights in and out of the tree and do multiple rows and wrap them around the branches. The effect is quite spectacular with all those glittering little lights. Maybe one day I’ll have that kind of holiday fortitude…

Mary McDonald’s Ribbon Tree via Veranda

I thought the big bow I had made as a topper for my tree last year was just gorgeous — until I saw this peacock. Fab-u-lous.

Posts on Design Chic may contain affiliate links or links to sponsor’s sites. We try to partner with businesses we think will be of interest to our followers and always strive to bring you content you’ll love. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Yikes – December is upon us and the tree is yet to be done. But with these beautiful inspirations, I now have some ideas on how to be creative this year. We have always allowed each of our boys to pick a special ornament each year and their collection is colorful and fun… How was your trip to the Big Apple?

I loved seeing all of these photos! You really took the time to choose really inspiring ones! Thank you!

Guess, what?! I am also still without a x-tmas tree! I need to go buy one this week. My kids will start crying soon.. lol :-)

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

3. Laura@Developing Designs says

It’s beginning to feel a bit like Christmas…NOW :) Thank you for sharing all these beautiful inspirational images. I am especially loving the Traditional Home images, coveting the Suzanne Kasler room.

I used to take as much time as your Mom does with the lights….then, well, I gave up. LOL

Happy December 1st*

It’s going to be a wonderful month—I just know it… thanks for sharing these lovely trees—so much inspiration. I love many, especially the last one, with the beautiful ribbon. It’s a pretty touch… How wonderful to be married in Winter—I truly believe winter weddings are the most pretty and magical.

enjoy decorating your Christmas tree :)

xoxo

5. Samantha Johnstone says

What lovely rooms, you must have some really beautiful ornaments. We will be putting our tree up this Saturday. One of my most favourite things to do with my boys.

Such gorgeous, happy looking trees. I have to say, the one in the kitchen was oddly my favorite…but they’re all so beautiful! It’s true, it’s December now. Thank you for the reminder that I need to start decorating – and fast!!

H.H.

I collect ornaments for my four children, one each year so that when they start out on their own, they will have a bunch. I save my pretties for me and make a green and red tree with ribbon and ammarilis.

Thanks for stopping by the other day. Loving your blog.

AMAZING!!! Any tree done by Traditional Home I love, love, love! I finally got my tree up last night and today got lights in the boxwood hedges and in the cedar garland around the front door. I’m exhausted! I feel like I need a vacation now, but no time for that this time of year!

I love the country living pic, my favorite!
    Love the bright colors! Maybe in my kids room!
    Thank you so much for your visit, I’m really enjoying your blog!
    Take care
    Kristin

10. S.P. says

What a fun post. So many beautiful, warm images. Although it’s making me a little crazy that I won’t be able to decorate my tree until the 12th or 13th, this is inspiring!