Things We Love: Houndstooth

A Life’s Design
Every room needs a touch of pattern to make it whimsical and light. While some prints can get a little too full of themselves, houndstooth always makes a statement while being classic and modest. It’s astounding how something can be so simple, yet make such a big impression. I’m into brown right now and wanting this rug somewhere in my house!

Lisa Sherry Interieurs
I don’t know what exactly is on that mantle — driftwood, maybe? — but it’s so cool!
Add Simplicity
Other colors of houndstooth are fun for making a splash, but, like so many things in life, I think black and white really does it best.
The Decorista
I would never have been brave enough to pair those pillows with that rug, but it’s so fun!

Graciela Rutkowski Interiors

The splash of print on the back of these dining chairs is a fabulous contrast to the restraint shown by the rest of the room.
Tobi Fairley Design
Blue and orange is such an unexpected color combination, but it really works! I’m feeling a playroom color scheme coming on…
Diamond Baratta Design
Second only to black-and-white, hot pink houndstooth is one of my favorites.

Kelley Moore Photography

Disco balls? I’m not exactly sure what to even say about that… Loving the chairs, though — and the photo by Kelley Moore.

Decorpad
The pattern and texture of this room adds so much dimension while the color palette keeps it so soft. Leather headboards are one of my favorite things.

Feesby and Bleeks Design

This inviting bedroom proves that layering patterns isn’t something to be afraid of. Thanks for visiting today!

Comments

You get my vote for houndstooth! I love it in interiors as much as I love it in clothing..so elegant and old world..I love the updated ways to incorporate it into todays decorating as you showed you beautifully here! Great post…so many beautiful rooms.

I love this post! Very beautiful images. I like the houndstooth pattern but I am not brave enough to use it on furnitures or rugs! Maybe on decorative pillows (like the blue and orange room) and the back of the chairs on the dining room. (like your pictures above)

I adore the first image!!
    Gorgeous.
    I just bought a small houndstooth remnant the other day at a thrift store that is the perfect size for a throw. I just need to fray the ends :)
    I love the things you love !!

I have always adored houndstooth jackets, however, never really thought about using it in a rug. Looks great! I love the blue houndstooth with the orange. Great color combination.
    Angela

I normally don’t like it that too much but love it in each of the pictures you showed becuase its a modern take on an old look. I love it in the fresh bright colors. Great ideas, in the pinks its just gorgeous.

So glad you stopped by my blog so that I could see yours! Love it and am now following. Congratulations on your great news! I know you are expecting a boy but please do a post on girl’s nurserys just in case our little bundle is a she! Love all of your pictures!

Blessings,
    Robin

so many gorgeous images…and I’m in luck, I have a few yards of some Ralph Lauren hounds tooth…hmm, now what to put it on..love the dining room with the hounds tooth on the back of the chair….
    maureen

Oh, I love a good houndstooth print! It is just so classic. The first image with the brown houndstooth rug is great!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Xo,
    E&J

Given the Big Wedding and what we saw on the runways for fall, I think this is a trend that’s here to stay – love the different variations and colors in your images!
    xxoo

Hi there! So glad you stopped by my blog :) I love this post especially the dark blue dining room with just a hint of houndtooth on the back of the chairs. I’m having a giveaway I’d love for you to enter. Love you blog – you definitely have a follower!
    xoxo