Things We Love: Botanical Prints

Nancy Corzine Design via Ava Living
There are any number of elements that combine in a room to make it come together seamlessly.
Amelia Handegan Design via Southern Accents

But if we had to pick just one thing that makes an incredible impact, I think it would have to be the art.

Sandra Nunnerly Designer via Architectural Digest
When it comes to what adorns our walls, sometimes we feel like oils get all the press.
Charles Birdsong Design via Southern Living
But, as lovely as a painting can be, we absolutely adore botanical prints.

Decorpad
A wall of simply framed botanical prints like these can have such an enormous impact in a space and make it seem instantly bigger, brighter and more fun.
Ken Gemes Design
Change the scale and dress up the frames and those same prints can look elegant, refined and staid.
 Richard Hallberg Design via Veranda
We love the bold green of these prints and the way the frame seems to fade away, showcasing the print. The way the green is mirrored on the table is so fabulous!
Emma Burns Design
Mirrored frames are always a favorite, and we like how the white mats around these prints really set off the art inside.
Bunny Williams Design
There’s nothing better than a set of botanical prints to anchor a wall with a lot of floor-to-ceiling space.
Liz Williams Designer
This set is perhaps our favorite. The mats add such a subtle contrast and the frames are so sophisticated. You really can use a botanical print in any room!
Thanks for visiting!

Comments

I agree! The art makes the room, which may be why I have such a tough time committing to what should go where. I love botanical prints and the impact they have in a grouping.
    Have a beautiful Wednesday.

Beautiful post…love botanical prints, and have a beautiful grouping we bought at auction few years ago and I cannot wait to find a place for them! Hope you have a great afternoon, loved this eye candy on “my coffee break”…lol.

I love botanical prints! I find they inject a dose of nature in the room almost as well as real plants, which is good since I’m the worst at keeping flowers and plants around. You just can’t go wrong with botanical prints. This is a great selection of images. I’m always looking for ways to frame them. I’ll have to bookmark this post!

I for one am a huge fan of botanical prints. They bring such a fresh element of nature to any room. That 3rd photo of the kitchen is fabulous as is the dining room from Veranda!!
    Sharon

I love this post! Botanicals are some of my favorite art pieces! Am trying to figure out what kind I want to use in a dining room I am working on. This gave me some great examples! Love the ones from Veranda. the scale is great! Good job!

I especially loved the way the artwork is arranged in that one room and the way the arches on the bed posts make an unusually shaped room even more architecturally interesting.

What a nice post, on the lookout for some for my new breakfast room. I love the look, Ballard had a nice selection of them last year and wish I had bought them but am sure I will find something. This post reinforces my desire to put them there!

I bought a set of these at a sample sale many years ago and used them in our Manhattan apartment but outgrew them when we bought our suburban house (funny – the set could have had many potential homes in this house). I gave them away but this is inspiring. I love the second picture and how the canopy of the bed frame frames the layout.

I adore botanical prints. I have a set of 4 in my living room and another set in my dining room. I agree that art comes in many forms and it doesn’t always have to be a painting. Mixing it up keeps it fresh!

xoxo Elizabeth

What gorgeous rooms! I love botanical prints – I also love John Audobon bird prints – I think they would make a an attractive display.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Its interesting about oil getting all the press. I use to be on the hunt for oil paintings. But then they became so abundant that I’m not so enthralled with them anymore. Collections of botanicals seem to refreshing now. Wonderful post.