Beaufort Tear Out!

The tear out in our Beaufort house has officially begun! Woo hoo! We think the kitchen is already looking better!

The beautiful green linoleum (if you want to see the original before click here!) was stripped to reveal a stylish harvest gold pattern.

Weirdly, now that everything is gone it looks smaller somehow…
 We have been assured it isn’t!

On the flip side of the kitchen, taking the floor and appliances out of the future mudroom made it look huge! Now we’re just crossing our fingers that the Historical Association approves our new window/French door scheme in the kitchen and mudroom.
 The pea green carpet has been removed from the downstairs master.
 The floors can’t be salvaged, but it looks better already all the same, don’t you think?
 The downstairs master bath has been ripped out. See ya later harvest gold tile! Bathtub and wallpaper to follow…

The space where the buckets are is going to be a pretty butler’s pantry, and the bathroom will be extended into the current closet.

We think the biggest change was ripping the carpet out of the living room. We were relieved that these floors will refinish beautifully!
Here’s a closer look.
Do you think we should keep this furniture? Haha. We were told the orange chairs were purchased with our love of the color in mind!
 Can you imagine that a half bath is going to fit in here? We’re thinking this is the opportunity for that fabulous wallpaper and/or tile that we can’t afford in a larger spot.
 On another note, Will’s mom’s birthday was Friday, and we thought this made the cutest birthday party table. The boxes were filled with cute paper plates, chicken salad, broccoli salad, fruit, deviled eggs and two different flavors of bite-sized brownies — we had to save room for cake, after all!
I wish I had taken a picture of the whole table because it looked like one big present!
We hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have a great start to the week. Thanks for visiting us today!

Comments

You are well on your way. You have accomplished so much already and that tearing out is not fun. It’s such a relief to be this far. I look so forward to seeing the progress along

How exciting!! I can’t wait to see the finish. It’s so much fun to improve an old, dated, tired looking place and give it new life.

I LOVE the baseboards in your living room, they’re fabulous!

Never has a teardown looked so pretty! I am envisioning it with how its going to look and i know its going to be AMAZING. I am so looking forward to sharing this fun journey with you…..enjoy the process!

I never thought i would want to go through this process again but after seeing this it really does! I’m so excited for you and can’t wait to watch this journey! I’m so glad you are taking the time to share it with us! Love the birthday box lunch idea too!

Fantastic!!! I think the demo is one of the most satisfying aspects of a renovation!!! It’s like shedding an old skin. The beauty will now be able to shine through.

I can’t wait to see the progress!
    xoxo Elizabeth

much too much fun and from afar, enjoying the process.

in our old shop building the wooden floors were all pieced and not terribly attractive, painting them was the winner, looking great and a nice cost savings

keep it coming!
    debra

Wow! so many possibilities when you are looking at just the bones. I can just imagine the transformation that is about to take place. Exciting!

leslie

Wasting no time her! I can envision things already, and I am so happy that you can refinished the living room floor because it is beautiful.Gotta love the linoleum in the kitchen, lol.
    Love the birthday boxes. Would love to see more.
    Happy Tuesday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

This brings back so many memories of the initial stages of restoring my home. It is hard, messy work but the feeling of giving a second chance to a beautiful old dwelling is worth it isn’t it. Can’t wait to see you progress. Lisa

Omg!!! So excited for you!!! The house has so much potential and I can’t wait to see you work your magic!! Are you in NC or SC? We live in AZ and I’ve been trying to talk my husband into moving to SC.

Xx. Patience