Monday Musings: Insanity Part 2!

So, last Monday we told you all about the house we bought in Beaufort, NC, and showed you the downstairs that needed just a hint of work… Now it’s time for the upstairs!

The stairs need a few coats of paint and a little sisal. This staircase is going to be expanded to include the current attic (phase 2 renovations!) — future playroom/third floor bedrooms — and access to the widow’s walk.

This is one of the upstairs bedrooms, with the stairwell to the top porch. We’re going to cut a doorway, make a hall and convert this into a beautiful master bath!
This is the old bathroom, which will soon be ripped out — including the walls — to form a part of little Will’s new bedroom.
Upstairs guest room.
This very attractive “office” will the be the second half of little Will’s bedroom, complete with a pair of snazzy, nautical, built-in twin beds.
The old “Carolina room” (Florida room in North Carolina, perhaps?) will be a snazzy new upstairs bathroom, complete with washer and dryer. And don’t worry: All the wrong-sized windows will be replaced!
Here’s the upstairs master! We love how light and bright it is.
Here’s the best part!
The view from the widow’s walk is truly spectacular.
More from the widow’s walk…We can’t wait until next week to show you a little bit of progress. The tear out has officially begun!

We hope you all have a great start to the week. Thanks for visiting us!

Posts on Design Chic may contain affiliate links or links to sponsor’s sites. We try to partner with businesses we think will be of interest to our followers and always strive to bring you content you’ll love. Thanks for reading!

Comments

This is dreamy! I am envisioing it with all your magical touches which I know you will add, but its got great bones, and good karma, what a charmer with tons of curb appeal! So so exciting!! Stop by…doing a great giveaway for a rug that would be perfect for your new beach house!

What a gorgeous home and I’m so excited for you and all your renovations. This is going to be great following your progress! Lucky you to have such gorgeous views!

XX
    Debra~

What a fantastic project. I’m looking forward to watching it all come together. That widow’s walk view is spectacular and the bedrooms are so light and air. It’s going to be gorgeous. Happy demolition!

Ah, fantastic place…my architectural mind is just drooling with tons of possibilities…and that gorgeous view, oh, heart be still!
    Hope you’re having a great start to the week,dear!

Big hugs!
    Inés

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Love that wood on the stairway. This is going to be drop-dead gorgeous when you’re done. And, that view!!!

Love seeing the before photos…..the after’s will knock us over!!

Happy Monday!
    xoxo Elizabeth

Can’t wait to see the progress! I know exactly where this is and will have to have my parents stop by your blog and check out progress too. They have always said they wanted a place in Beaufort…..my mom is going to be excited to see the transformation. Gorgeous place!

Holy cow! I’m am green with envy! I’d give my youngest child for a water view! (just kidding!) you are going to have a blast making this home yours! I’m putting hardwood floors in upstairs this week. Want to replace the carpet on the stairs with sisal. I hear it comes from Georgia. Do you have a brand or source, or will you just be using a runner? Congratulations! Hope to hear from you!
    Barbara

i go away for a few weeks and look at what happens!
    this is so exciting; beaufort, historic room, views,…..oh the creativity!

congrats, cannot wait to watch this venture unfold. since we are all invited do you want me before or after?!
    there you go, ask your readers to roll up their sleeves in exchange for a bed

so happy for you
    debra

Gosh, the house is stunning! I can totally see why you fell in love with it, there is seriously so much potential in it!!! Longing to see how it all turns out, you totally had me at the nautical built in beds! As for the view, fabulous! x

Oh my goodness! Look at that view! What a beautiful home with lots of amazing potential. I’m so exited watch the transformation!

So exciting!
    leslie

11. Karen says

Hello! I just saw this house on your blog and I was so excited. I am familiar with this beauty of a house on the best street in Beaufort, a place my family and I love dearly. We have vacationed and owned a beach house in Emerald Isle for years and always take trips over to Beaufort for dinner, shopping and just to walk through the charming town. What a gem it is.
    I am so glad you have purchased it and are restoring it! God bless you! It is so worthy.
    I am sure I will be peeking in when we stop for dinner at the Front Street Grille right across the street! Can’t wait to see the finished project!

Best to you!!

welcome to remodel hell, of which I am in the middle of. But it is all worth it in the end. Follow my progress blog as I follow yours and, if only I had that view!

Gorgeous house, full of potential. BUT, DO BE CAREFUL. WHEN YOU ARE TEARING OUT WALLS, THERE WILL BE LEAD DUST! Lead in dust IS absorbed. Lead causes CANCER, BRAIN DAMAGE, behavioral problems, and a long list of major, devastating health problems. TAKE EVERY PRECAUTION to protect your children and yourselves. No house, no matter how beautiful, is worth losing your health or hurting your children.

I am truly in love with this project! I’ve always wanted a widow’s walk and I sure do love that view! This house has so much potential and I know it will be stunning when you are through with it! I love having a fireplace in the master bedroom! This is truly incredible!

How exciting!! I’ve been on a bit of a blogging break so missed your first announcement — must go check out that post. The house looks charming and utterly perfect as a beach retreat! Just think of all the wonderful moments to come in this space ….