Things We Love: Art Above

Allison Hennessey
All those little doorways, nooks and crannies can seem to fade right into the background.
Country Living
We walk by and through them a hundred times a day without ever even noticing they’re there.
John Jacobs Interiors
It’s time to change all that!
Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles
Those little, unexpected spaces near the ceiling can become instant, eye-catching focal points, a great place for a show-stopping piece or even a gallery wall.
Adding rows of pictures,
James Farmer
columns of paintings,
pinterest
or, our personal favorite,
Coastal Living
three-dimensional art,
Architectural Digest
makes that wasted space sparkle instead of fade away!
Furlow Gatewood via Veranda
We’re not sure we would be brave enough to set a vase up top and trust that it wouldn’t come crashing down, but all those vertical hangings open up the space making a room feel huge!
Polly Wreford Photography
Is it really Thursday already? We can practically taste the weekend. Do you have any fun plans?

Comments

Lindos ambientes e as decorações são belíssimas. O estilo que gosto muito. É já chegou o fim de semana. Como é verão aqui todos finais de semana temos destino certo. Ir para praia.
    Tenha um ótimo dia.

This is my dilemma … I do not have tall ceilings … top of the doorways are missing!! These are beautiful and make me sigh with my lack of “up-space!” xo

Funny I was just thinking about this a few days ago! I have some small pictures that I was thinking could possibly work over a doorway. And now I see this post showing its a really good idea!! Wonderful post, and lots of beautiful inspiration!

I love the columns of pictures/art work.
    Now if I could just develop enough patience to hang them properly-
    and straight!

Enjoyed visiting,
    Laura
    White Spray Paint

It’s been sooooo cold…that all I want to do on the weekends is sit by the fire and hang out!!

Love the “above” art…it’s a look I’ve always liked but haven’t been able to pull off on my own. This gives me some ideas!!

Enjoy the weekend!
    xoxo Elizabeth

So pretty. You always find the most beautiful images and I always walk away with ideas. I think this would be wonderful in small places and/or ones with a low ceiling. I would assume that would give the space a larger feel.

Really great! Love the photos and feel puzzled about doing this as I try to keep the house a bit calmer and less over decorated but if only I could do it right(: perhaps when time is right… Ciao z