Things We Love: Pocket Doors

Nicety Live Journal
If there’s any room divider that we love, it’s the pocket door.
Nancy Fishelson Design Nantucket Cottage

Reminiscent of an era gone by, the pocket door adds that cozy, cottage feel to any home.

pinterest
Either fully opened and tucked away for later use,
pinterest
Or slightly open so the beautiful details add to the room.
Studio Annetta Blog
Pocket doors are a great way to add interest to a room,
inspired charm
Or close off a space while keeping an open feeling.
pinterest
They are the perfect place to add a splash of accent, like a bold color.
Delight by Design
This mirrored design is so pretty we might want to keep it open all the time!
pinterest
This open-weave design adds privacy while maintaining the space’s airy feel.

loulou pear

These great black doors really set off the room.
The pocket doors at the Beaufort house are one of our favorite features. We’re working on sanding them back to the original wood for that coastal feel. We’re heading down there today, so we hope we have a long-overdue update soon!

Thanks for stopping by today. We hope you all have a wonderful afternoon!

Posts on Design Chic may contain affiliate links or links to sponsor’s sites. We try to partner with businesses we think will be of interest to our followers and always strive to bring you content you’ll love. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Pocket doors have always been a must in any house we’ve ever built~ I love them for their looks as well as their practicality. My favorite one in my own home is a pocket french door from my family room into my sunroom. I often close it so I can read in their while my family is watching tv and yet I can still see them because of the window panes! It’s wonderful! This was a great post and great examples!

the pocket door we designed for our laundry room was the best decision! beautiful light comes streaming down the hall and into the kitchen when it’s open. closed, any noise from the machines is eliminated! love em.

michele

Oh my gosh I love pocket doors! You are fortunate to have them in your new vacation home. The only one I have leads to my dressing room, but I think I need to paint it and make it a focal point. Thanks for the post! xob

pocket doors are awesome but the one that takes the cake is the one with the red trim….or the yellow one…or the lattice one. Oh! I can’t decided, they’re all great!
    Come celebrate my 2 year blogiversary with me! Party is at my place!
    Sharon

They are beautiful and go along with my idea of closing some rooms and less of an open concept as the modern homes seem to display a lot…. Separating the rooms is more enchanting and sliding doors can be a way to do both … Love it.

6. Mel@Georgica Pond says

Love these images, you’ve selected such gorgeous examples. We have one on our ensuite, but not nearly as lovely as these.

7. Anonymous says

Do you have any more info on the pocket doors with the mirrored design consisting of leaves? I’d love to know how they’re made and if someone still makes them?

Trackbacks