Beaufort Update: The Demolition Continues!

No, I had not been drinking when these pictures were taken. The only thing I can figure is that little hands were grabbing at my phone as I was snapping away… Mom and Dad’s bathroom and closet have been ripped out, and things look promising!
 We hope we can improve upon the harvest gold fixtures.

This is the doorway from their bedroom into the bath. The smaller doorway will be closed up to give a longer wall for placing the bed. Here’s a design lesson: Sometimes trim that coordinates with the attached bath is not a winning idea!
 Ignore the yucky fixtures — this is our “Portajohn” during construction. But we are so shocked to see that this closet underneath the stairs looks much more spacious than we thought it would converted to a half bath.
 Some fun remnants of the past in the upstairs bathroom. Do you think we should revert back to one of these pretty wallpaper patterns? 😉
One of the previous owners of this house way back when embezzled money from the bank where he worked. Legend has it that he stashed the cash somewhere in these walls… Will and Daddy can’t find it.

It was hard to get a good shot of the upstairs bath, but it has opened up so much.

Once this wall is knocked down, little Will is going to have a great bedroom — much bigger than we expected!

Fortunately, there was no need to demo the late-afternoon view… When we start feeling overwhelmed we have to go sit on the porch for awhile and remind ourselves that this really is going to be great — one day!
Thank you so much for stopping by today. We hope you have a fabulous Monday!

Comments

Very exciting. We remodeled a very old home recently and besides a few bumps it was overall a really gratifying experience. Wish you much luck and hope you find the hidden treasure.

What a great project! So much fun when you get to tear it ALL up! Enjoy the process…kind of like giving birth; lots of excitement, some pain and all worth it in the end;) Congrats!

I would be so intrigued with finding that money…in a coffee can in between the walls?

I know this is weird..but I just love this kind of taking apart and putting back together!

I’m more in love with this project than when you first posted about it! Loved all of the pics! I took pictures of our renovations as well as was so glad I did! Can’t wait to see more!

We’re dreaming of a bathroom remodel soon. Good for you for taking the time to sit outside and enjoy the view! As we unpack and battle the fleas, I often forget to just stop and ENJOY. Thanks for reminding me!

oh, I get so excited with images like these!! The demo is the very best part, I reckon – because you can suddenly get an inkling of just how wonderful the new spaces will be.

Pity they didn’t find the hidden cash. How amazing would that have been, if they had!!

Wow, it looks great! This is the fun part of every renovation. So exciting to see the progress. We have one of those porto-potty stand-ins too. Escaping to the ‘View’ every now and then is a good idea-that is how we do it.

Hope you find the money in the wall1